Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

The War of the Roses

There comes a point in time where we are challenged by some opposing force.

In my case, it's 1800 Flowers (please don't sue me).

It all began a couple of weeks ago. I ordered some flowers for LavaGirl because all girls like flowers. And what makes LavaGirl happy makes me happy, too.

Pictured Above: Pure Happiness on My Part.
I went online, and I ordered a vase with three white roses in it. I figured this was good, as three is a pretty symbolic number for us right now: we've been together three years, her ring has three diamonds in it, we're both number the third child, etc. I was excited to see her get it. It even came with a card I personalized, and which some poor bastard had to write by hand.


Fast forward a few hours later, and we discover it's been delivered to her apartment building's main office.

Then she gets them.

Then I see them.


It wasn't what I ordered.

Now, usually this doesn't really phase me. If someone gets my order wrong at a restaurant or something, I'm not Captain McDouchy and tell them to get me another one. Same for coffee. But there were two things that made this different:

1. This was for LavaGirl, not me.
2. FLOWERS ARE EFFING EXPENSIVE AS SHIT.

Thus began a series of emails between me and the customer service department:


Alright, sweet! Now not only does LavaGirl get MOAR FLOWERS (and the ones I wanted her to get), but I also get $20 towards the next time I do this. Yay all around!

Until, that is, a week later.

Because nothing had come. Nothing. At all. The "voucher" was supposed to be sent within the week, and the flowers were supposed to come even sooner. What the heck happened.


Alright well, now I'm a bit irritated: the website didn't say the roses were unavailable. It wasn't like they're an uncommon purchase, either... But alright, sunflowers it is. They're still nice, and I got the voucher.

So, I ask for them to be delivered tomorrow and to advise me if that wasn't possible.

So naturally, two days and no flowers later, I get an email.


I had it. I was too annoyed to carry on. I asked for an outright refund, something I never do. But when you drop that much cash on something, and then more than two weeks later they still can't get it right, there's an issue. I mean, they didn't even have what the customer service rep suggested to me. If that's not crazy, I don't know what is.

... oh, and I'm still waiting on a reply. And the flowers, if they ever come. And the refund.

SUPER EDIT OF GLORY: I've been refunded fully as of 15 November and given the $20 voucher as well. I'm a bit hesitant to try that all again, but at least they made good on it. Better late than never.

Got any stories of bad customer service or other similar headaches? Come on, I know one of you must've dealt with Dell Support Staff before. Leave a story in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment