Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fingernails: A Tragic Comedy of Errors

Today was an adventure. LavaGirl needed to grab some things here and there, including some screws to fix the futon that I've called my home for far too long. LavaGirl also wanted to pick up some clothes, which is the bane of men everywhere.


We went to the mall, where thankfully I was released from my duties as Supreme Guardian of the LavaGirl whilst she was shopping for clothes, and thus I went about adventuring the mall looking for gifts. Namely for her/us because there's only so much Hulu one can watch before the incessant ads melt your brain.


I went all over the place, only to find a store that specialized in two things: cat calendars and overpriced board games.

Disheartened, I went back towards the store LavaGirl was (still) in.

But, look! Wait! The day may be saved! For what games cannot fulfill, WINE CAN!

Wine: Helping white people dance for 13 millennia
I headed towards the wine store...

Only to be stopped by the nearby troll.


Uh. What?

Now, I'm a courteous kind of guy, and I won't just completely ignore the guy, but I knew I was in trouble when the product was freaking tested on me.



I GOT FUCKING MANI-RAPED.

Anyone who knows me is completely aware of the fact that I don't give a shit about manicures. It might just be my opinion, but I will never willingly get a damned manicure. I'm a mountain-man type of guy, which is why LavaGirl complains after two weeks of not shaving...


Anyways, I digress.

This salesman is trying his darnedest to make damn sure I get to buy his nail shit. This isn't my first rodeo, however; I've haggled and bartered with men and women all over the world. But, dammit, this guy was pretty good.

I, however, persevered and did not give him any money nor get any nail care kit of glory.

But he didn't need to take any money...

He took my manicure virginity by force.

The rest of the mall trip was a nightmare of "what the shit is on my nails, why God why?!?" I used every opportunity I got trying to wipe off the Shine Of Doom™ and "SuperMagicalOil."


Nothing worked. I still have overly shiny nails.

I hate it.

And, according to my ManiRapist, it only lasts A FRICKIN MONTH.
A MONTH.
30 DAMNED DAYS OF THIS SHIT.

My life is but a shadow of its former glory.

Oh, and to boot; when we got back to LavaGirl's apartment, a marvelous thing happened when we were fixing the springs on the bottom of the futon...

I bent the nail back on my forefinger.


Oh, but don't worry.
That'll stop feeling weird in a few weeks.

Along with the other fingernails.

Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment