Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Poop: An Exploration of the Unknown

Ah, parenthood.

The movies make it seem so glamorous. There's clearly fake screaming, to be fair. But besides that, you're spoon-fed a wonderful, cozy image of labor and young children that makes your face shrivel up in a ball of estrogenic joy.

After all the definitely-not-idealized love fest, it comes down to business.

Namely, doo-ing business.




The very first diaper was mine to clean up after. Now, it wasn't my first rodeo, and I'm not the stereotypical herp-derp of a guy.

However... there may have been some things I wasn't fully aware of.

Such as...

Lesson 1: The first few poops are pitch black.
And who could forget timeless classics like...
The smells get worse.


And, well, countless other lessons that are less like a teaching moment and more like battlefield experience.


Don't get me wrong, I love my son. Very much. He's an adorable velociraptor. But he lives up to the name, and for first-time parents, there is an adjustment.

But it's a good, worthwhile adjustment. And I'd do it a billion times.

"You're lucky you got ONE."



No comments:

Post a Comment